In a nutshell - Part 1 (February 2017)


Hiya! I'm introducing a new feature called 'IN A NUTSHELL'. You can probably guess what it means. I just didn't want to write the title as Mini-Reviews, needed a unique & attractive heading and came up with this. Hope you guys agree with it. I've written lots of mini reviews in these past months and will be writing more in the coming months. All those reviews will be featured under the title 'IN A NUTSHELL' from now on.


DEAD TO BEGIN WITH


A perfect cosy mystery. Yes, indeed! Set in a small English town, Vivian Conroy's latest book makes sure to offer the readers an experience of investigating a cosy mystery by all means. 

I loved reading it- snooping around the town for clues, meeting the town people and helping Vicky to find the real murderer. I didn't figure out who the murder was until the end, and I think it makes DEAD TO BEGIN WITH an excellent choice for the fans of cosy mysteries. The characters are amusing and well-rounded, especially all the ladies - they were so much fun to be around and intriguing as well, and their sleuthing skills were above par. The writing is moderate-paced and well developed,  I never felt bored nor found the story less interesting at any point. Without any doubt, I can say that I heartily enjoyed this book. Looking forward to reading more books by this author.

Rating: 3 / 5     Goodreads

TURN TOWARDS THE SUN


Some books make you wish to grab the rest of the books in the series immediately and read them as sooner as possible- Emma Davies's TURN TOWARDS SUN is one of them.

Rowan Hill- where the story is centred around- pulls the readers in with its magic, I really did enjoy it. The characters were fun to be around- full of life and merriment. Narrated from two different perspectives, the writing gives the readers a chance to know the characters better and thus enjoy the story well. The havoc happening makes the story more interesting. I did figure out the person behind it very early, though. Still, I kept reading it to know the reason for causing all the troubles. It was nice to watch the main character growing into a sensible young woman- I was rooting for her from the beginning for she seemed so much in need of help. All in all, TURN TOWARDS THE SUN is a delightful book. I recommend it to everyone who enjoys women-centric stories. 

Rating: 3.75 / 5 Goodreads

THE BEAUTIFUL PRETENDER


Melanie Dickerson weaves magic with the words- she creates a Medieval world fairy tale as enchanting as Grimm Brothers' fairy tales. It had me captivated from the very beginning to the last page. Dickerson's writing draws such vivid imageries, that can hold the reader's attention till the very end and help them enjoy the story a lot. The characters were easily likeable, they did have that same charm with which all those fairy tale characters win a place in our heart. I'm pretty sure that THE BEAUTIFUL PRETENDER will appeal to any fairy tale lovers out there.

If it would entice you more to pick this book up, then I would tell you that the characters reminded me a tad bit of 'BEAUTY & THE BEAST'. I will definitely be reading more books from this author.

Rating: 3.5 / 5 Goodreads 

I wholeheartedly recommend all these books. Have you read any of these? Do you have some suggestions/recommendations? I would love to hear it.

Happy Reading!
 photo sig_zpsuzho4knp.png

Comments