Saturday, 10 September 2016

The Best Books I Read in Summer 2016

Books to read in Summer

Summer of 2016 was entirely different from my previous summer vacations, by all means. It started with a mayhem and ended on a happy note. A number of exciting as well as unhappy incidents happened. Though we were disheartened at the beginning, we learnt to sail through them in time and have nearly mastered the skill now ;) It brought many changes to our life, taught new lessons and have shaped me into the woman I'm today. 2016 gifted a Summer to remember and cherished in the coming years. In a few words, SUMMER 2016 CHANGED MY LIFE and have helped me to look at life with a different perspective.

Amidst all those issues, finding the time and having a peaceful mind to read books was quite a challenge. My mind had a zillion matters to be worried about, even the most well-praised stories failed to grab my attention and were moved to my DNF stack. Nevertheless, I managed to read a couple of good stories in the last four to five weeks, about which I'm super happy, as each book turned out to be better than the previous ones.

SO, without further ado...

1. FANGIRL BY RAINBOW ROWELL
Best Romance in YA
Once again, I fall short of words to describe how amazing this book is! FANGIRL is the first book, which had me in tears when the main characters confess their love for each other. Still, have no clue about why I cried when Levi says he is rooting for Cath or when Levi admits that he can't be away from her even for a few minutes. FANGIRL is so close to my heart, and Cath and Levi's romance is my favourite. I could relate to Cath in many ways, it helped to enjoy the novel completely and warm to her character instantly.  Besides Cath and Levi, Wren and Reagen also became my favourites and I ended up rooting for them all. FANGIRL also ends abruptly, like in Eleanor and Park, I really hope Rowell writes a sequel to this novel, as I'm too curious to know how Cath and Levi are doing. Fanfictions are of help at all. SO, there you have it. FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell is the no:1 in my list.

2. GARDEN SPELLS BY SARAH ADDISON ALLEN
BEST REAL LIFE WITCH NOVELS
When it comes to books, Fantasy/Magical Realism was never my cup of tea (NOT FAIRY TALES, though. Both are different, aren't they?). However, GARDEN SPELLS is the second best book I read this year, so far. Without a doubt. The Waverley women had me entranced with their unusual talents and the garden, that is full of magical edible flowers and an apple tree that reveals the future to whoever partakes its fruit. A whimsical and enchanting story, set in North Carolina, that outstands for its simplicity of writing and the charm it spells on readers with a marvelous story line. It's rather unfortunate that I can't find any of her works at where I live now, or I would have already devoured them all by now. In a nutshell, GARDEN SPELLS is all WOW, it comes with a huge, wholehearted recommendation to you all! GARDEN SPELLS will be a perfect novel to read in the Autumn or on Halloween, for it can also be considered as a "real-life witch fiction". 

3. THE GUESTBOOK & SUMMER AT ROSE ISLAND BY HOLLY MARTIN
My list would be incomplete without Holly Martin's books. I love everything she writes, her stories instantly perks me up and bring that smile back on my face. Basically, I depend on her stories, whenever I need a dose of happiness, she creates magic with her witty writing style and perfectly perfect chick lit plots. Holly always manages to blow me away with her oh-so-amazing make-me-feel-good stories. Sheesh! I'm an ardent fan of Holly Martin.

4. BILLY AND ME BY GIOVANNA FLETCHER 
GIOVANNA FLETCHER BOOKS, SUMMER BOOKS
Giovanna Fletcher is familiar with the world of glam, fashion, and showbiz and in her debut book, BILLY AND ME, she introduces readers to that one place, she is accustomed to. Really commendable! It was a pleasantly different trope, which I happened to enjoy immensely. It gives an insight to the readers how celebrity's life is, something I have always wished to know and have wondered about. The heartfelt writing of this story prompts the readers to re-think about the value of their beloved family, it's a poignant, tear-jerking, and thought-provoking. I'm definitely going to read more Giovanna Fletcher's novels.

Have you read any of these books? What were your top summer books? Which is your all-time favorite summer novel? 
LET'S CHAT!
 photo sig_zpsuzho4knp.png