Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Top Ten Set of Books I'm willing to splurge on

 photo 21235-NT7X5J_zpsojbivzx8.png

1. PUFFIN IN BLOOM COLLECTION
Oh, just look at them. Gorgeous, aren't they? I've been eyeing them for a while now, they are quite expensive, but I hope to buy them someday. Glossy pages filled with vibrant illustrations!!! A must-have collection for each bibliophile's personal library.


2. HARRY POTTER ILLUSTRATED EDITION 
A fantasy lover's bookshelves are always incomplete without the illustrated editions of Harry Potter books. Do you agree?

3. Emily Trilogy by L. M. Montgomery (VMC Edition)
Saw them on Instagram and have been searching for these beautiful editions ever since that day. I haven't read many Montgomery books, but Anne of Green Gables. I do hope Emily Trilogy is equally good. I need them badly. 

4. Jane Austen Vintage Classics Series
Source: Tumblr
Many show off their Jane Austen Vintage Classics nowadays. Those are pretty, pretty, pretty books. I'm gonna treat myself with one of those on my birthday.

5. Complete Chronicles of Narnia
Ashamed to admit, I haven't read this amazing book yet. It was one of my bookish resolutions for this year, but they are awfully costly and I'm still waiting for enough fund to purchase them.

6. Penguin English Library Books
I enjoy classics, each book teaches me a lesson for life and the stories do part profound knowledge and moving messages. I can't recommend them enough. I would be glad to replace my used copies with the attractive Penguin English Library editions.

7. Uprooted by Naomi Novik
It's a fairy tale retelling story with dragons and lots of magic in it. I was on a book buying ban(still is), when it was available on Amazon and missed the opportunity. Sadly, it's been never 'IN STOCK' after that.  

8. Novels by Miss Read


I am fond of novels set in rural English villages. I recently found that all the books written Miss Read are of such kind. I will be rather happy to spend my money on those books then. 









9. Christmas themed Novels
I have a penchant for collecting Christmas novels. Each book is special to me, whichever genre it is. I find them mostly in a nearby used bookstore. I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks to buy Christmassy stories each month.

10. Persephone books 
Persephone reprints neglected fiction books by mid-twentieth woman writers. I know a bookstagramer who adores and review them often. Most of the stories are awe-inspiring and heart touching too. So, I will allot a small portion of dough to buy Persephone prints.

Do we have any books in common? Have you read or own any of these? Which book do you have on your list?
 Let's chat!

Happy Reading!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, I love, love, love all of your picks! And what beautiful editions sets! I am going to have to find these, especially your no. 1 pick. Thank you for sharing!

    Maria @ Gather
    http://maria-baer.com/blog-1/2016an-indian-summer-book-swap

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite the excellent list! You carefully considered what to buy, I think.

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same boat when it comes to the collected works of Narnia. I really want to pick it up but it is so pricey! My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-R2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Puffin in Bloom books are the most gorgeous editions ever ♥ I’ve been dying to get Little Women in that edition for ages. My sister got me the illustrated HP last year as a graduation present and yes, the book is absolutely amazing. I can’t wait for Chamber of Secrets to be released in this edition later this year. I tend to collect Penguin English Library books. I don’t own a lot of them but whenever I feel like getting a new classic, I check if they have it in this edition because not only are they so pretty but also as compared to other editions, the price is kind of okay. I also really want to one day buy a Persephone book! A lot of their titles sound really awesome and the books look so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love ALL OF THIS. I really do. Everything just looks gorgeous. And Uprooted is on my list to get for my physical bookshelves. I already have it on e-book and audio. lol. It's by far one of the best books I've read in the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need the illustrated HP books! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uprooted is on my TBR too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/top-ten-tuesday-68/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooo I want all of these now!! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I've heard so many good things about Uprooted.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know, I know... those books are rightfully made for us :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you and I find our copy soon, Jo
    I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, that makes me more eager to grab the book :D Thanks for stopping by, Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! good to hear from you again, Soudha :) I miss your blog posts. I hope you are having a fab time at uni.

    Ain't they beautiful? Writing this post was easier, as I'm actually planning to add those gorgeous books to my collection someday. I like them all and can't decide which one to buy first :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish somebody to gift me that book on my birthday ;) I might have to let my brother know my wish :D
    Thanks for stopping by, Jazz and welcome back to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe... I did, I did! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Maria ^_^ Hope you find what you are looking for, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, so many beautiful books. I hope you get at least some of these soon. And Uprooted was such a great read.
    Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete