Wednesday, 13 January 2016

Waiting On Wednesday with These Vicious Masks

 photo 8_zpsqhhfcdw6.png

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. It spotlights the upcoming releases we are anticipating.


These Vicious Masks
Genre: Teens & YA
Publication Date: February 9th, 2016
Jane Austen meets X-­Men in this gripping and adventure-­filled paranormal romance set in Victorian London.

England, 1882. Evelyn is bored with society and its expectations. So when her beloved sister, Rose, mysteriously vanishes, she ignores her parents and travels to London to find her, accompanied by the dashing Mr. Kent. But they’re not the only ones looking for Rose. The reclusive, young gentleman Sebastian Braddock is also searching for her, claiming that both sisters have special healing powers. Evelyn is convinced that Sebastian must be mad, until she discovers that his strange tales of extraordinary people are true—and that her sister is in graver danger than she feared.
Jane Austen meets X-Men!!! Do I need to explain more about why I want to read this book? I grew up watching X-Men: Evolution cartoons. Didn't miss an episode. My favorite characters were Wolverine, Rogue, and Shadowcat. No specific reasons why I liked them much. But I remember concentrating too hard on an object to move it around like Jane and Professor Charles and trying to walk through the walls like Kitty did. Lol! How I wished to be a mutant and save the world *Hides Face in Palms*. And Jane Austen, one of my favorite writers. She made me fall in love with all that's "Proper English" and soon I became an Anglophile. Well... These Viciouc Masks is set in Victorian England- another reason why I'm eager to read it. I'm ready to meet Evelyn, Rose, Mr. Kent and Sebastin Braddock. Are you? 

Do you have this book in your TBR or have you received an ARC? Share your thoughts with me.

Happy Reading!
 photo sig_zpsuzho4knp.png




5 comments:

  1. Jingle Bell BrookeJanuary 14, 2016 5:10 am

    I've heard so many good things about this book! i'll have to add it to my TBR! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    You do have a wonderful pick, Brooke :D THE LAST BOY AND GIRL IN THE WORLD sounds interesting!
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, thanks for sharing this one. I haven't heard of this before and it sounds soooooooooooo good! I will definitely be adding this to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alahna @ The Charmed ReaderJanuary 20, 2016 11:20 pm

    I'm a week late but oh well! I read an ARC of this one and it was a lot of fun!! I hope you enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete