January 19, 2016

Top Ten Books I've Recently Added To My TBR

 photo 21235-NT7X5J_zpsojbivzx8.png
Hello, Book Lovers!
Today's TTT topic is Top Ten Books I've recently added to my TBR. According to my Goodreads TBR, I haven't added many books in this year. So I have taken the books I added in December as well into consideration. Without further ado, here are the top ten books from my Goodreads TBR.
I do not read Time Travel stories. But, this year I was planning to explore more genres, and thus added two Time Travelling stories to my list. THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD is one among them. The other one was Passenger, which I removed from the list after reading a couple of mixed reviews. The hype and the bad reviews always kill my mood. Unfortunately, I'm a mood reader *Sobs*. Hopefully, I will enjoy this, when I get my hands on it.

I'm sick of cliches and the usual themes. I'm constantly searching for diverse reads. And this particular book caught my attention. It's about a little boy who influences the life of a hundred-year-old woman called Ona. I loved reading the prequel, A WOMAN IN A MILLION, an elegantly written short story, that is free on Amazon now. So excited for THE ONE IN A MILLION BOY now!
Ahh, this is the fairy tale retelling of THE SLEEPING BEAUTY. I'm participating in the fairy tale retelling challenge, hosted by Mel and I was on a hunt for some great books. Cait from Paper Fury had listed this book as one of her favorite reads of 2015. So, I've decided to give it a whirl, despite all the mixed reviews I came across.

Another retelling, but this has nothing to do with the retelling reading challenge. The credit goes to the TV show, ONCE UPON A TIME. I recently started watching it and have finished Season 1. Rumpelstiltskin is my favorite character so far. Oh boy, I like villains now. I liked the twist the show makers have given to his tale and looking out for more retellings of his story. So RUMP is on my To-read list now.

A Jane Austen meets X-men story, which I'm eagerly waiting to be published. It will be out on 9th February 2016. Whoa! I love love love X-men characters and I call myself a proud Janeite. I have to read this, can't wait! *shudders with excitement*

This is for the POPSUGAR reading challenge. I have to read a Non-Fiction book. After doing a lot of thinking, I have chosen FURIOUSLY HAPPY, which has received too many praises, and good reviews. The blurb describes it as A hysterical, ridiculous book about crippling depression and anxiety? and I say Bring it on! I am ready to peruse NON-FICTION now, as long as they are NOT dull or boring or sleep inducing :D

It looks like I'm running after Fantasy novels. I just realized it!!! My TBR is full of fantasy/ retelling books. THE SHADOW QUEEN is one of the most anticipated books in 2016. Snow White, The Evil Queen, the Huntsman ... Right! It is  the retelling of Princess Snow White's story.

I was lucky to receive an eARC via Netgalley. Yippee! Debut book by Samantha Mabry. I have seen many bloggers listing it out as the one they are looking forward to reading it in 2016. Can I call myself lucky then? :P LOL! I will tell you more, after reading it.

This is the one and only chick-lit book on my list. Just because I love Camilla Isley's writing! My expectation is too high for this book. *clears throat* I have also managed to get an eARC from the author. YAY!

Another book that I have kept aside, waiting for the hype to subside. I love stories about other bibliophiles, as I can easily relate to them. Mostly. And the hero is from India or Indian origin or something like that. It would be nice to see how the author has dealt that part. Because I rarely come across a book that mentions or has characters from my country, INDIA.

Do we share any common books? Have you read any books from my list? Do you want to recommend any? Do tell me.


 photo sig_zpsuzho4knp.png

P. S. Blog Tour and Giveaway of  £10 Amazon Gift card. Sunkissed by Carys Jones. Check it out here if you like paranormal/ vampire stories.

27 comments:

  1. So many great sounding books - These Vicious Masks sounds very promising! :)

    Check out my TTT and Music Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of The One and A Million Boy and The Sudden Crush. Adding those to my TBR list. Great picks, Ria and thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omggg YES YES READ THE PRINCESS OF THORNS. I love that book so so much I cannot even. <3 My only sadness is that it's a standalone! I could read a zillion books of those characters. hehe. I only just read Furiously Happy and it's SO GOOD. It's hysterical and alarming and I just adored it. XD

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have heard great things about The One in a Million Boy.

    Here's my TTT - https://booksaremyfavouriteandbest.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/top-ten-books-ive-recently-added-to-my-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rump sounds interesting. I love Once Upon a Time! Rumpelstiltskin was my favorite until Captain Hook came along :) Hope you like your fairytale retellings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Love that Split the World sounds very epic, I hope it's as amazing as it sounds!

    Happy reading and thanks for dropping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hearing amazing things about The Love that Split the World! It wasn't a book that I was initially considering reading, but now I'm tempted to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant list! :-) I can't wait to explore some of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never read anything by Camilla Isley, but based on your mention of one of her books I think I have to change that, right?? Great list, Ria, happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I've got quite a few of these on my TBR list too, just not recently added. I add stuff almost every day, so my TBR is HUGE. I featured These Vicious Masks as my WoW pick a while back. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I keep hearing about that show, Once Upon A Time, but I haven't watched it yet. Maybe I should check it out. Is it on Netflix? I can't wait to read Furiously Happy either! Thanks for visiting my TTT post! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok...so... I need to add all of these to my list too LOL My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you like X-men or Jane Austen works, you will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you enjoy those books, when you get to them :)
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your reviews and always consider the books you suggest :D So I feel that I will enjoy those, when I get to them...
    Happy Reading, Cait!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Try reading the Prequel, THE WOMAN IN A MILLION then :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes yes yes :D the blurb is really interesting! Finding a copy is difficult though ;)
    Just started Season 2. Captain Hook is not yet on the scene. Waiting for his appearance now... We shall see then :D


    Happy Reading, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do hope so... Happy Reading, Lianne!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you will enjoy it, Kelly :D Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY! that's so nice to hear ^_^
    Happy Reading, Chrissi!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, DEFINITELY! I'm sure you will love her books :) Her debut, I WISH FOR YOU is a modern fairytale. Very different read compared to all the other Chicklit books I read last year. Do check it out! And yeah! She is so amiable :)

    Thank you for stopping by.
    Happy Reading, JODY!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh... These Vicious Masks was my choice as well for the last WoW. Hope it's a good one. I'm waiting to grab a copy...


    Yeah, I enjoy ONCE UPON A TIME. I would rate it 7 out of 10. If you like fantasy or fairy tales, you will enjoy the show. I don't know whether it's on Netflix.


    Happy Reading, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have a never-ending TBR, right? #BookWormProblems
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Several of these, like Bookushly Ever After and These Vicious Masks, are on my list of books to read as well.:)
    I will have to look up some of the other titles! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm really excited for These Vicious Masks! The premise sounds so promising. Bookishly Ever After isn't my normal type of read, but it looks so cute I might have to check it out!

    Thanks for stopping by the The
    Local Muse

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bookishly Ever After was on my list this week too!

    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/top-ten-tuesday-40/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just wanted to say that your blog is beautiful, Ria! I love the colours you have chosen.

    Happy reading to you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ohh these are really great choices! I loved The Love that Split the World SO much! And a lot of these are on my TBR as well- These Vicious Masks, Princess of Thorns, The Shadow Queen, Furiously Happy. Actually, I think MOST of these are on my TBR, but those are the ones I want to read very soon ;)

    ReplyDelete