January 10, 2016

Ringing in the New Year Book Tag

A New Year Book Tag! A better way to start the season. Book tags are awesome to read and fun to share. It gives away a lot details about each blogger and you get to know them well. I LOVE BOOK TAGS. The internet will you book tags for each season. So this particular tag I found at A SPOONFUL OF HAPPY ENDINGS by Jody. I like her blog and never miss her reviews. Head over to her place, if you wish to know more about her. Let me describe her in a few words for you guys, Jody- A CHICKLIT LOVER

Back to new year book tag...
Scroll down to read my answers.


Best book/series that you’ve read in 2015
An easy task! Without a doubt, it's Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets and To Kill a Mockingbird. From the cover to the last page, I love everything about these two books.



Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the new year
J K Rowling, definitley! I am determined to finish the Harry Potter series before the year ends and the Fantastic Beasts and where to find them before the movie is released; if possible. I also have got the first two books in Cormoran Strike series. So those as well.  

Cathy Bramley is next in my list. I haven't read any of her books. Still... 

Liane Moriaty is the next big name in my list. I read Big Little Lies. Jeez! What a book! I am hunting for more books by her now. 

Most anticipated book turned movie?
I'm yet to read all those big titles, which will be released as movies this year. Hmm... *thinking* I think, The BFG by Roald Dahl and The Selection by Keira Cass as those two books are awaiting on my shelf to be read, pampered and loved. Hopefully, this month itself :D



Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one)
NO! There isn't any fictional character who can compete with MY HUSBAND. Even Mr. Darcy can't! 101% sure about it :D :P

What’s on your TBR for 2016? (Top 5 will suffice if its an extremely long list!)
1. Harry Potter series by J K Rowling
2. Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
3. The Hobbit by J R R Tolkein
4. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Mass
5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

and many more! 

How many books do you hope to read in 2016?
I'm planning to read 100 books this year. Last year, I read 78 books. My initial goal was 25, which I raised to 75 later. I was delighted when the Goodreads bar told that I managed to read 78 books in 2015 *pats on shoulder* So I kept the scale high this year; a great 100 it is!!!

Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge (or any others)?
YES, I'm participating in the GR reading Challenge and in 8 more challenges. Hehe.. Check out the Reading Challenges 2016 Page to read more. 


Any New Year’s Resolutions? (bookish and otherwise)

Don't we all make resolutions every year? It has become a tradition nowadays, I feel. Sticking to them is the most difficult part :D I blogged about it last week. You can read them here >>

Thank You! Join the fun, if you liked it and share a link below :) 

Follow me on Bloglovin' if you liked my post and want to read more. I would love that ^_^ Thank You!

Happy Reading!

 photo sig_zpsuzho4knp.png




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for also doing the book tag, Ria, loved reading your answers! :)

    I can't believe you're only now discovering J.K. Rowling! I'm so jealous; wish I could read all the Harry Potter books again for the first time! <3 Oh, and Cathy Bramley! You NEED to check out her novels, you won't be disappointed!

    Love the fact that you're doing a few reading challenges this year; I'm going to check them out in a sec, because I definitely want to take part in some of them this year as well, if I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jody! I loved reading your answers too.


    I'm dying to read a book by Cathy Bramely. The excerpts have always tempted me and your reviews as well :D Hopefully, I can grab one of her books this year :)


    Yay for the reading challenges 2016. Good Luck!


    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to read Big Little Lies this year. I'm also looking forward to The Selection - mostly because I haven't read the books and so I have spoilers in my head! Rainbow Rowell, Sarah J Maas and Marissa Meyer are also on my TBR pile for 2016 - I'm looking forward to this year so much!! I've set my goal at 53 books, so I'm not quite as ambitious as you. I may up my goal at some point...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and I enjoy those delicious books when we get to read them :D My expectation is too high, because of all the hype THE SELECTION SERIES received. Wish you a wonderful year filled with Books :)


    Good Luck on your Reading Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean - high expectations can often lead to disappointment! But hopefully not with this series!

    ReplyDelete