December 28, 2015

Movies I'm looking forward to watch in 2016

Hello Book-lovers!

Today, I'm sharing a list of movies I'm anticipating to watch in 2016. Most of them are book adaptations. Do you enjoy the movie versions of the books you have read and loved? I do. These are the movies in my list. 

The BFG by Roald Dahl
This movie is expected to be released on July 1st, 2016. The fact that The BFG is directed by the well-known director, Steven Spielberg makes me so eager to watch it on the Big Screen. Must be a spectacular treat to my eyes. I found a pretty hardcover copy of Roald Dahl works in a second-hand bookstore last week. I will be reading The BFG in January. So look out for a review soon ;)



The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
I grew up watching The Jungle book cartoons and reading the graphic novels of the same. It so much reminds me of my childhood days. The Jungle Book is becoming a movie in 2016, looking forward to watching it; though, the trailer failed to intrigue me. Hope, it's gonna be a good one. After all, it's coming from Disney :) 


Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll
Ashamed to say, I haven't read this book yet. I was never so fond of Alice, but I always liked the Mad Hatter. The TV series ONCE UPON A TIME told me a different story of The Mad Hatter and I started liking him even more. In this movie, the role is played by the versatile actor, Johnny Depp. So YES, I will watch it, for the MAD HATTER

                                         

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them by J. K. Rowling
Ever since I watched the trailer, I've been impatiently waiting to buy this book before the movie is released. Alas! I haven't found one yet. Out of stock in bookstores and Amazon as well. Too excited for this movie. I won't be able to resist myself  from watching this once it's out. Hoping that I will find a copy afore that. 


Kung Fu Panda 3
Isn't he so cute and adorable? I love this animated movie series. Po is meeting his family this time. I don't want to miss it ;) 

The Huntsman: Winter's War
Why so excited? The answer is simple. Because the huntsman role is played by none other than CHRIS HEMSWORTH. Do I need any other reason? huh! It's also a fairy tale re-telling movie. I GOTTA WATCH it. 

                                         

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
I hate Zombies. I rarely watch movies or read books that have Zombies in it. I think that the only Zombies I have ever seen are from The Scooby-Doo series :D  But this is the amazingly amazing author Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice's retelling we are talking about! I have to watch it as I call myself a proud Janeite (and criticize if needed??). Right?


The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
I hadn't heard of this book before watching the trailer on YouTube. I instantly liked it. It has Sophie Nelisse (Liesel from The Book Thief) and Octavia Spencer (Minny from The Help). Thus, I have added this added to my list. 


Batman Vs SUPERMAN
A SUPERMAN movie and I must watch it. Simple as that! I hope Superman will outdo the Batman's performance and rise as the real hero at the end. I wish!

                                          


I also heard that the following books are also gonna be Big Movies in 2016.
The Selection by Keira Cass
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
Let it Snow by John Green
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Throne of Glass by  Sarah J Mass
The Choice by Nicholas Sparks

Have you read any of these books? Tell me about it. What movies are you waiting for? Did I miss any? Hope this list helps you to grab and read the books before the movies are released.