Sunday, 27 December 2015

Bookish Resolutions


2015 just flew by! Can't believe it!!! A wonderful year, which gave me some good memories as well as bad ones in LIFE. When I turn back and look at them now, I find them as small as teeny tiny dots. Phew! I'm so thankful to Jesus for giving me an awesome family, who supported me always. Without them, I wouldn't have made it to this beautiful day :)

I had a fantabulous year as a blogger and reader. Read a copious amount of awesome books, met many lovely authors and publishers, and made a few blogger friends. It's been so much fun in here, at Lilac Diaries. Thank You Lovelies for a making 2015's journey so amazing! 

Oh, did I tell ya? I'm auto-approved by Bookouture @ NetGalley now. That was on my wish list, you know? YAY! A wish that came true! Thanks a ton, dear Bookouture.

SO, as the year 2016 is quickly approaching us, I decided to make and renew some resolutions. I hardly follow/keep those resolutions, though. I will blame it on being a mood reader. You know how hard it can be sometimes to stick to the mounting TBR or Review Piles. Anyhow, I'm making a list as usual. Check it out!
  • Read the Books from my shelf aka the books I already own.
  • Read the Books from my TBR
  • Reach Approval Ratio 80 at Netgalley
  • Read more Fantasy/ Contemporary/YA Novels
  • Do not be Afraid of BIG Books
  • Get a grip on the number of books requested on Netgalley
  • Finish the following Books/series
           Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
           The Selection series by Keira Cass
           The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
           The Chronicles of Narnia series by C. S. Lewis
           Me After You series by Jojo Moyes
           The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
           Vicious by V. E. Schwab 
  • Read 100 Books in 2016.
  • Get a membership in the nearby Library.
  • Be okay with not finishing a book
  • Do NOT lend my precious, pristine books??? 
Do I sound so evil? Oh, it's just that I gave a few books to some lovely people. But they haven't returned it yet. It's been nearly almost a year. It hurts!!! And I miss my books terribly. What would you do if you were in my place? Have you made any resolutions? Do tell me.

Blessed 2016!

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Congrats for getting auto-approved by Bookouture! I've also made it a resolution to be more careful about the books I request and accept for review. Sometimes a trip to NetGalley can take a shopping haul turn XD I hope you manage to read all the books and series you wanted to read in 2016. I'm with you on the lending books thing. The last few times I lent out books, either they never came back or they came back seriously damaged. I'm talking 'completely' broken spines and bent covers. One book even had ink on the cover, though I can't imagine how that happened! I have a bookish resolution post coming up soon and some of mine are similar to yours. Good luck to us for fulfilling our 2016 resolutions ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a mood reader too so I know the struggle. :) Good luck with your goals this coming year.

    ReplyDelete