Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Ten Books turned into Movies, I Gotta Watch

Is it Books or Movies? I can't choose either and pronounce it as the thing I enjoy the most. I need them both. There is a limit to the imaginations inside the mind and these movies assist in making them much prettier. Isn't it so? When it comes to telly, I am a sucker for Period Dramas/movies, Animation movies, and Movies based on true incidents and books. There are tons of books, I haven't read yet. There, those movie adaptations have helped me invariably; to know the story, to meet the characters and gives enough knowledge to take part in book discussions. Last year, I spent almost two months as a couch potato and watched most of the Period dramas and movies based on novels (excluding the action and horror movies). I fell in love with many on-screen gentlemen, admired the ladies, loved the costumes, learned the basics of how to act like a classy lady, bewitched by anything vintage and longing to visit the awesomely awesome English Villages. *SIGH*

Right, back to the topic; today's Top Ten Tuesday theme is Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I'm Looking Forward To or Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch. Here is the list of top ten movies-to-watch from my list.

Howl's Moving Castle


It started with watching Spirited Away, directed by Hayao Miyazaki. I loved it and decided to watch all the animation movies he made. And that's how Howl's Moving Castle was added to my list. Didn't know, it was based on a novel then. I cannot tell what it's about, as I am yet to read the book. There is a magician called Howl and his legged walking castle, a witch and a pretty lass, Sophia. Sounds interesting, eh?

Coraline

Read Stardust by Neil Gaiman years back and he won a place in my favorite authors list with that single novel. Have you seen Stardust? His novel, Coraline was made into a movie in 2009. Recently, I acquired a copy of it, have got to watch it soon. Too anxious to know what's behind the locked door in the drawing room...

A Christmas Carol

My favorite Christmas story, a classic novella was written by Charles Dickens. I read it in January. Haven't you read Mr. Scrooge and Christmas Ghost's tale? It's a must-read festive season book. I'm saving it to watch in December, the best time of the year.

Eat Pray Love

I know it's a true story but marked as DNF last time. Thus, I will watch the movie first, and read Elizabeth Gilbert's story again.

The Hobbit

Ahh, my naughty little cousin cornered me and forced to hear the entire story. He wanted to tell the story to somebody, so he chose me. Damn it! I will watch this after perusing the novel.

Far From The Madding Crowd

Thomas Hardy's Classic novel, Far From the Madding Crowd. I didn't finish reading it last time, as I was busy taking care of something important than all the novels. I will pick it up for Classic Challenge 2016. The background music is alluring, I might end up on my couch with biscuits and tea anytime now... Of course, to watch FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD.

To Kill a Mockingbird

A chance to put a face to the names; Mr. Atticus Finch, Scout, Jem, Dill and Mr. Arthur Radley. I was dying to meet them all. Read it in July and loved the novel. Someone has uploaded the movie on Youtube, so I can watch it anytime, I wish.

The Fault in Our Stars

Oh Lord, No! I do not want to cry :(

In the Heart of The Sea

I seriously don't know anything about this movie or the novel. I wanted to watch it, just because Chris Hemsworth is acting as the hero. I am looking forward to watching the movie in December. I will never read the novel, though; it's just not my kind of read.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay-Part 2

Another book, I would never read; Sci-fi novels are not my cup of tea. I have seen all the movies in the series. I will watch Mockingjay Part-2 with my partner, since we both love Peeta and Katniss. Another movie, I'm looking forward to watching on the big screen.

Which movie are you planning to watch next? Have you seen any movie from my list? Did you like it? Please, do tell me.

Good Day!

16 comments:

  1. Howl's Moving Castle - the book and movie are vastly different. The book is slightly whimsical and the movie familiar and sweet. Both great in its own right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. To Kill a Mockingbird and The Fault in Our Stars have made it to my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any trouble deciding; for me, it's always books.

    Here's my favorite book-to-movie adaptations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mockingjay Part 2 was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/10/top-ten-tuesday-30/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first Miyazaki was Princess Mononoke, but the process was the same! Once you watch your first, you can't help but crave more! The book of Howl is quite good, but the movie is better :)
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the variety to your list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to see Mockingjay next week! Howl's is really great, and I just love all of Miyazaki's films. Coraline is great too. Hope you enjoy watching these when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched the movie, loved it. Can't wait to read the book now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Pinky :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how easily you can decide on that! I often wonder which one I like more :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Join the Katniss and Peeta Fans Club ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exactly Allyson, I was literally craving for more Miyazaki movies :). Planning to watch Princess Mononoke this week, got a copy today :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, excited to watch Mockingjay :D Watched Howl's Moving Castle yesterday, loved it :)

    ReplyDelete