Saturday, 3 October 2015

Review: One Wish in Manhattan by Mandy Baggot

Author: Mandy Baggot
Genre: Women's Fiction, Romance
Page Length: 358 Pages
Publication Date: October 2nd, 2015
Publishers: Bookouture

It’s the most wonderful time of the year . . . to fall in love
The temperature is dropping, snow is on its way and Hayley Walker is heading for New York with one wish on her mind to start over.
With her nine-year-old daughter Angel, Hayley is ready for an adventure. From hot chocolates and horse-drawn carriage rides in Central Park to ice-skating at the Rockefeller Centre, and Christmas shopping on 5th Avenue – they soon fall in love with the city that never sleeps.
But there’s more to New York than the bright twinkly lights and breathtaking skyscrapers. Angel has a Christmas wish of her own – to find her real dad.
While Hayley tries to fulfil her daughter’s wish, she crosses paths with billionaire Oliver Drummond. Restless and bored with fast living, there’s something intriguing about him that has Hayley hooked.
Determined to make her daughter’s dream come true, can Hayley dare to think her own dreams might turn into reality – could A New York Christmas turn into a New York Forever?
Travel to the Big Apple this Christmas and join Hayley and Oliver as they both realise that life isn’t just about filling the minutes…it’s about making every moment count.

I haven't done it in years! I couldn't resist the urge. So, I broke my own rule and just turned the pages to the last chapter(s) and made sure that the Superman had everything under control, saved the Globe and kissed his sweetheart, Lois. Ahh! I was happy and started reading it from the first. Not once, but almost twice I read Mandy Baggot's latest book 'One Wish in Manhattan' in last two days. It is the best chick-lit book I have read in 2015 and a perfect Christmas read!

Hayley Walker is travelling to New York with her daughter, Angel. She wants to make her daughter's wish come true; to find Angel's Dad. On her first day in the big city, she meets Oliver Drummond, her brother's Boss, but in the most unexpected situation and is fascinated by him. Anyhow, Hayley is determined and trying her best to find Angel's Dad. Will their wish come true?...

I love Christmas novels and have made up my mind on reading every single Christmassy novel I come across. So, I was extremely happy when Bookouture approved my request in NetGalley. Let me tell you, 'One Wish in Manhattan' is no exception, I loved it too; savoured and enjoyed every tidbit of this delicious book. It could be the Christmas theme or the Superman and Lois mentions or that wonderful storyline. I am not sure. I even ditched the idea of making a cuppa or snatching a pack of cookies from the kitchen, just for the sake of finishing the story before doing anything else. Truly enjoyed reading it. Reasons to buy 'One Wish in Manhattan'- it is an absolutely delightful read!

'Well,' Hayley began, 'if it's something that can't be bought or something that can't be made by the toymaker then you have to believe in something else'.
'What?' Angel asked.
'Wishes.' Halley swallowed. 'You have to believe that wishes can come true'.

I do believe in that Cinderella Quote which says no matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true and this book also had a similar theme and knew that I would like it. I was right!. In fact, there was nothing to dislike about 'One Wish in Manhattan'. Mandy Baggot clearly knows how to capture the reader's mind and how to put us in a Christmas mood. I am not familiar with Mandy Baggot's works. Her 'Truly Madly and Greekly' has won a place in my TBR, but it is the first time I read her book and I loved it.

The Ruggedly handsome and rich Oliver Drummond, the strong and beautiful Hayley Walker and her Clever and Funny daughter, Angel Walker (who made me laugh out loud) have won my heart. Not only them but all the characters in the book. What I liked the most is the Superman and Lois mentions. Superman is my favorite fictional hero. My husband and I act as Superman and Lois and I gift him Superman T-shirts (three T-shirts already), posters and make him watch Superman movies and cartoons. I LOVED it and helped me cherish our good times. Thanks, Mandy Baggot!

I enjoyed the book like watching a festive season movie. It might be predictable, but warm, cheerful, easy-to-read, flawless and well-paced too. 'One Wish in Manhattan' is true to all the praises and accolades it's receiving. Grab your copy if you are looking for a wonderful Christmas Romance. It will also make a wonderful Christmas Gift.

My Rating: 5/5 (Perfect!)
Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment