September 04, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Blogger's Award


A Blogger Award! 
I am so thrilled to tell you guys that Amanda @ Little Miss Reader has nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. It means a lot to me. Thank You, Amanda!

The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their website
2. Use the award logo on your post
3. Answer the 10 questions provided by the blogger who tagged you
4. Nominate 10 bloggers
5. Ask them 10 questions
***
What's your favorite thing to eat or drink while reading? 
It's a cuppa tea, of course. It perks me up always.  


Which classic is your favorite? If you don't read classics then which one do you think would be your favorite? 
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is my favorite Classics novel. 
If I don't read Classics, then it is Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, indubitably. It is a must read for all book lovers, I feel.   

What is your biggest book pet peeve? 
I abhor being disturbed when I am reading a cliffhanger or a can't-put-it-down novel.

Do you use bookmarks? If not, what do you use then? 
Oh yeah, I use bookmarks. don't like dog-earing the pages. I treasure books, so I keep them pristine.
If not bookmarks, then it is my iPhone. ;) 

How do you decide which book to read next? 
I prioritize my monthly TBR list with the books I requested in Net GALLEY on top, then the hyped books everyone talks about and the books I have been longing to read. And I try my best to stick with the choices I made; but, I get distracted by other delicious novels sometimes. 

What do you love most about blogging? 
Comments! 

What do you love most about being a reader?
It is the free golden ticket to a wonderland - a wonderland that exists parallel to this world that no one knows/heard about, but only the readers.

What got you into blogging?
That's a long and old story. All credit goes to my nerdy classmate in college, who loved to brag about the website he created (back in 2007).I was curious to find out what the word 'blog' meant and guess the rest of the story if you can. :p

Which book is at the top of your wishlist at the time?
Christmas at Lilac Cottage by Holly Martin

Which book(s) do you look forward to reading these next months? (released or to be released, doesn't matter)
Christmas at Lilac Cottage, Gift of Magi, A Christmas Carol and other Christmas novels I can find. I can already hear jingling bells :D.

I nominate
  1. Soudha @ of Stacks and Cups
  2. Lois @ You, Me and a Cup of Tea
  3. Anu @ Musing of Anu
  4. Aimee @ Hello Chick Lit
  5. Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy
  6. K Sawyer @ Kristi's Bookshelf
  7. Naomi @ Wonderland Creek
  8. Breana M. @ Our Thoughts Precisely
  9. Sophia @ Ravens and Writing Desks
  10. YOU
My Questions to You
  1. What got you into reading?
  2. Do you judge a book by its cover?
  3. What do you love the most about blogging? 
  4. How did you come up with your blog title?
  5. Do you collect bookish items? Which is your favorite item, then? 
  6. Have you ever wished to have a super power? What did you wish for?
  7. Which is your favorite Christmas book/novel/novella/short story?
  8. Have you ever wished to live in a fantasy world? If yes, which one would you choose? (like Hogwarts, Austen world, The Hobbit, Alice's Wonderland, The land of OZ etc).
  9. Did you hear about J.K. Rowling's tweet mentioning Harry Potter's son, James's first year at Hogwarts. What do you think of it? Are you excited?
  10. 'Happily ever after' exists only in books. Is it true? What do you think of it?
I would love to read your answers. Please share a link.

Love,

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me Ria ^^ I love what you said for the 7th question. Reading is a free golden ticket to a wonderland for sure! And I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who already has a TBR ready for Christmas time! I bought A Christmas Carol in... ahem... February and I've been waiting the whole year to read it XD

    By the way, I actually received two nominations for this award. Is it okay if I pick 5 questions from each one instead of answering all 10 you picked? My post will be up soon. Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for nomination me Ria! Here's my answers! :)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/09/sisterhood-of-world-blogger-award-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it took me so long to reply, but thanks for nominating me! :D Here are my answers:
    http://our-thoughts-precisely.blogspot.com/2015/09/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award-take.html

    ReplyDelete