September 17, 2015

Review: Stirred with Love by Marcie Steele

Stirred with Love
Written by      Marcie Steele
Published on  September 3rd, 2015 by Bookouture
Genre             Women's Fiction



Sometimes the best friends can be found where you least expect them …
Still grieving after the loss of her beloved husband, Lily Mortimer is determined to do something with the time she has left.
After the end of her fairytale marriage, thirty-something Kate is trying hard to mend her broken heart.
Chloe, a young woman with the world at her feet, is struggling to know what to do with her life.
When Lily embarks on a new venture in the picturesque town of Somerley, the three women come together to open The Coffee Stop, the most charming café for miles around.
But opening a coffee shop is never as simple as it seems, especially when you add neighboring competition, local heart throbs and heartbreak to the mix.
When tragedy strikes, can the three women pull together to make the new business fly, or will Lily’s last chance disappear down the drain along with yesterday’s coffee grinds?

Best friends, Coffee, and Romance, can the description be any more tempting? I was allured by the description and the pretty cover and glad, I found it as a heartwarming story.'Stirred with Love' is written by Marcie Steele who loves Cakes, Coffee and hanging around Coffee Shops. She has also written a number of gritty crime stories as Mel Sherratt. 

Stirred by Love is Marcie Steele's first Romance fiction. It tells the story of three strong women- Lily, Kate, and Chloe. Lily, is trying to re-open the Coffee Stop after the husband's death and Kate's husband has asked for a divorce and is reluctant on giving a second chance to save their marriage and Chloe, a teenager girl, who is anxious about what to do with her life. When they all come together to start a new venture, the future unfolds better days for them, but can they face the trials to come?

Stirred with Love is a poignant and moving story with likable characters. I immediately loved Chloe, she is filled with youth and hope and sprinkles cheeriness wherever she goes. Childish or surprisingly mature and bold, sometimes and speaks her mind always, which might be a blunder often. Chloe was lucky to have a supportive and caring family. I was finding a bit of myself in Chloe. Anyhow, my favorite character is Lily Mortimer, she is strong, kind-hearted, and affectionate. It was a delight to read how she held them all together and encouraged to hope and dream again. Her story moved me to tears, the last chapters are loaded with emotions and I ended up worrying for my characters. I would say, Marcie Steele has skillfully written the whole story. I appreciate it. Jane's story was a wee bit fast-paced, I felt. Happy that all turned well at the end, for a Strong, Capable, and an Independent woman she becomes.

I like the novels, in which women muster up the courage to do something new in life, and this is one among them. They all learn from their the mistakes/past and embrace a new life by letting things go. The main theme 'Friendship' is well narrated in the book; the bonding over a cup of coffee, late night chats and treats, being there for each other, confiding the secrets etc. I was cherishing the good times with my pals whilst reading it. However, the story did not appeal as an intriguing one to me. I liked the novel, did not love it. Overall, it is a quick, light-hearted and touching story. Recommended to anyone looking for a heartwarming read.

My Rating : (4/5) I liked it

Happy Reading!
   



No comments:

Post a Comment