Friday, 24 July 2015

The Bookish Food Tag



Oh Hello there!


I have been busy this entire week and hardly got time to read. I am afraid that I have fallen behind Emma Read-along :(. Anyhow, the things are pretty back in order now and I can savour books again :)).

Today I will do a book-tag. I read this on Jillian's Books, liked it and decided to do it immediately.A smashing Bookish Food Tag.

HOT CHOCOLATE: A STORY THAT FEELS LIKE HOME



It's obviously The Jungle Book written by Rudyard Kipling. My brother and I used to read the graphic novel when we were kids. We also enjoyed the cartoon too. We both loved Mowgli and it brings back loads of memories ^_^. Thus Jungle Book makes me feel like Home, Sweet Home.

COFFEE: A BOOK THAT GOT ME GOING



The Seventh Scroll written by Wilbur Smith.I have talked about it before and will rant more on this spiffing novel. It is a cliffhanger right till the end. Loads of secrets, mysteries, adventures and of course Romance too.I devoured it in two or three days (around 700 pages) and was very proud of it then :). It really got me going. 

CAKE: A BOOK I READ IN ONE SITTING



The Importance of being Earnest by Oscar Wilde. A hilarious play which reminds us to be honest in life. 

BACON: A BOOK THAT EVERYONE LOVES



Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell is the winner. I have read a number of reviews and articles suggesting and praising this novel. Delightful read it is. How many of you agree with me? 

COTTON CANDY: A BOOK TOO SWEET FOR MY TASTE



Half Girlfriend by Chetan Bhagat. I love his style of writing and the way he adds his own experiences into his books. There is something special and extra in his novels which made me cling on to them always. Sadly, this book did not impress me (High expectations always hurt). It was just too sweet for my taste.

P.S. I like Cotton Candy. It ain't too sweet for me :(.

COOKIES & MILK: A BOOK PERFECT FOR LATE NIGHT READING



The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is the perfect novel for a late night reading. It's simply magical! If you read this book before going to bed, I assure you a wonderful and enchanting circus show in dreams. Sweet dreams!

ICE CREAM: A SWEET SUMMER READ



Enjoy your Summer with Emma from The Wish List by Jane Costello. She can bring oodles of fun and plenty of laughter into your summer days and will cool you down. Pleasing novel!

HOLY TAMALES: AN EXCITING BOOK THAT SHOCKED ME



I was anxious to know why so much hubbub was made about this book when I bought it. The plot thickened when I turned each page and became more curious to know how Amy disappeared. I was a wee bit shocked when the real story was revealed later. Despite all shocking and electrifying elements, I loved Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn <3.

BUFFET: IT HAS EVERYTHING



I can't think of any book which has everything but The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. Buffet means plenty of food to fill our tummy up ;). So does this novel. It has most of the things we do/don't like.

Did you like this tag? Check out the original tag here.
I tag anyone who wishes to do it. Have fun! 
:)

Happy Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment