Monday, 15 June 2015

Musing Mondays (June 15)

Musings Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. It can be done by answering one of the following prompts .

I am currently reading...
Up next I think I'll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week...
I'm super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I'm really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can't wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ____, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week….

I bought the following book(s) last week...

  1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  2. The Wish List by Jane Costello
  3. Austenland by Shannon Hale
  4. Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale

Thank You Amazon :).

This Week's Random Question : Do you have a favorite book from childhood? What is it?.


I was a big fan of Cartoons and Graphic Novels in my younger ages. Super heroes, fairies, Disney princesses and all the other Disney Characters were my favorites. In short, I was a hard core Disney fan. Still, I do enjoy them. Among all of them 'Cinderella' had a special place in my heart. I can still read 'Cinderella' again and again (Doesn't that mean it is my favorite?).

"If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true." - Cinderella 

If 'Cinderella and her Glass Slipper' story does not count in as a book, then it is definitely 'The Famous Five' series by Enid Blyton.  Dick, Julian, Anne, Georgina and Timmy, the faithful dog were the best then. They meant the word adventure to me.

Have you read any of these books?. Did you like it?. Do tell me.

Blissful Monday!!!


9 comments:

  1. I think any book you can read over and over again without getting tired of it counts as a favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree with that :). Thanks a ton for visiting my blog. Blessed Week!.

      Delete
  2. I'd say ! def sounds like a fav if you're still re-reading. Which reminds me of CS Lewis' quote,
    "“Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” and "A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.”
    ― C.S. Lewis
    so go ahead and enjoy as many as you like!
    ps- we're both doing Cathy746's 10 or #20booksofsummer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, you like ready for the Austen in August challenge with your austenland selections. Have you signed up?

      Delete
    2. Yes I did :D. My books have reached and I am waiting for August ^_^. Which book are you reading?

      Delete
  3. I have read Cinderella but not any of the others. Interesting to see what different books we all liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Have an awesome week :D. Good Luck with your space mission :).

      Delete
  4. On the 50th anniversary of To Kill a Mockingbird, I bought my own copy and still have it...when I was purging, I made sure to keep that one and some other favorites.

    I loved reading fairytales in childhood, but didn't have my own copies of anything. I do collect Disney figurines....

    Here is MY MUSINGS ON MONDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also bought the 50th anniversary edition copy of the book :).

      Happy Monday!

      Delete